In May, the Government of Ontario introduced a three-step Roadmap to Reopen plan. Within this plan, it is projected that indoor sport leagues will be able to resume in Stage 3 with restrictions. Understandably, this has led to many emails and phone calls from our members wondering about what Waxers programming will look like for the 2021-2022 season and when we will be able to get back on the ice.
While it is impossible to give a definitive answer on how the 2021-2022 season is going to look now, we are optimistically forming programming structures which are based on traditional hockey play and format. These Return to Play plans are also being strategically structured to be flexible should we be required to follow COVID-19 protocols.
2021-2022 House League Registration
The Hockey Canada Registry (HCR) has been overhauled and is in its final testing phases. We project that the new Hockey Canada registry will be able to start accepting registrations in late July. We are all anxious to get our hockey season registrations up and running and will post information on registering for the Waxers House League 2021-2022 season as soon as it is available.
2021 Rep Fall Tryouts
In March 2021, Hockey Canada announced that all Rep tryouts would be moved to the Fall of 2021.
- Tryouts for U12 and older may begin September 10.
- Tryouts for U9, U10, and U11 may begin September 13.
- Tryouts for U12 and older may begin September 17.
- Tryouts for U9, U10, and U11 may begin September 20.
- Tryouts for U12 and older may begin September 24.
- Tryouts for U9, U10, and U11 may begin September 27.
- Tryouts for U9, U10 and U11 may begin October 4.
- Tryouts for U12 and U13 may begin October 1.
- Tryouts may begin October 1.
The tryout schedule will be posted on the website in late August when it is finalized.
Download the 2021-2022 YSMHL season calendar.
Download the 2021-2022 ETA calendar (tentative).
We will continue to monitor the situation closely and post any updates as they become available. If you have any questions or concerns, please fee free to reach out to us at [email protected].
Enjoy the Summer!