Reporting to the Director of Hockey Development, be responsible for assisting Sr. Hockey Development Team Members in planning, directing and assisting all on-ice sessions; providing instruction/direction and correction to players (i.e. drills, games, activities), while maintaining a fun and educational hockey experience for all program participants.
- Ensure the safety and enjoyment of registered participants in MMHA Hockey Development Programs and Clinics.
- Supervise and provide instruction on-ice, while assisting participants as needed.
- Be involved in error-detection and correction of all registrants to ensure continued skill development.
- Other assigned duties.
- Must be a current registered player in the Markham Minor Hockey Association.
- Must be able to provide own transportation.
- Wear self-issued CSA approved hockey helmet during all on-ice instruction.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills to deal effectively and courteously with staff, parents and program participants.
- Attend all staff trainings and meetings.
- Ability to work shifts including evenings, weekends, and holidays as required
Interested applicants can click here to complete the Jr. Instructor application form. Please remember to attach a resume and cover letter. Completed forms will be sent to Michael Gouglas, Director of Hockey Development. We thank all candidates for their interest, however; only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.