PLAYER DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
The Player Development Program will serve to provide all current registered Markham Waxer players with additional opportunities to improve their overall development as minor hockey players.
Through this program, players will have the option and opportunity to attend specialty clinics, and camps throughout the hockey season. All camps, and clinics will focus on specific skills and will be offered to both players and goaltenders.
The purpose of this program will be to offer the additional time and instruction for our minor hockey players to further practice, develop and enhance their fundamental hockey skills in a positive, learning environment. All sessions will be age and level specific (where appropriate) and run by qualified instructors, coaches, and/or members of our Hockey Development Program.
We hope that with the additional commitment and opportunity being made available to our players we can continue to aid in the promotion of players from AE through AAA.
- Implementation/Offering of Hockey Canada designed specialty clinics.
- Adopting Hockey Canada's Long Term Development Player Model.
- Low coach-to-player ratio for all clinics/skill sessions.
- Structured progression for skill development and team tactics.
- Promoting and providing additional opportunity for players to develop and practice the fundamental skills required for their age and level.