It was great to be back on the ice last weekend and we are looking
forward to more fun and development this weekend!
A lot of our members with Yahoo and Rogers accounts have been finding mail from the Waxers in their Junk folder. Please check there often and identify the Waxers as a trusted or safe sender.
HCR 3.0 only provides one email address in the registration report at this time and I cannot update it. I hope this issue gets resolved soon, but in the meantime I cannot add a second email address nor can I change the email address we are using to communicate with you. Families will have to share emails internally until this issue is resolved. (Hopefully soon!!)
We want hockey to be fun for everyone and, most of all, we want all of our players and spectators to be safe and feel comfortable in the hockey environment. Please read through the information provided and follow the instructions as outlined below.
The City of Markham’s vaccination policy has gone into effect. Read about the requirements on our website and be prepared to show the required documents to enter Markham arenas this weekend.
- Complete the City’s online COVID screening before entering the building. You will have to show your green check mark on the form with the current date and a time not exceeding 30 minutes prior to entrance for both you and your child.
- If you are 18 or older, be prepared to show ID and proof of full vaccination including 14 days after your second dose.
- If your child is between the ages of 12 and 17, you must show proof of one dose of the vaccine plus ID. Your child’s health card can serve as ID. Name and date of birth on the ID and vaccination certificate must match.
Questions about the City’s vaccination policy should be directed to the City of Markham at [email protected] or 905.477.5530, Monday to Friday, between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM.
Please remember to adhere to all the COVID measures currently in place, including:
- Masks must be worn by everyone at all times while in facilities, including in the spectator area.
- Players must wear masks at all times when not on the ice, including to and from the change room.
- Masks must be worn properly—no draping, hanging, gaps.
- Physical distancing must be maintained at all times—especially in the change rooms.
How to navigate once inside the rink
- Only one parent should accompany players to the rink if possible. Please do not bring siblings unless absolutely necessary.
- Players are not permitted into the arena more than 30 minutes prior to the start of your session.
- Please bring your children into the arena dressed in as much of their gear as possible.
- If your child is not arriving at the rink with skates and skate guards on, go immediately to the assigned change room and put on your child’s skates. Read about tying your child’s skates for the first time.
- When skates are tied, you and your child should leave the change room. Your child can proceed to the ice pad and you can proceed immediately to the spectator area. Do not congregate in the change room nor in the halls nor anywhere where you cannot maintain physical distancing.
- At the end of your session, everyone must leave the arena within 15 minutes of the end of the session. Do not linger in the change room or lobby areas.
Please do your part to keep yourself and each other safe so that we can continue to enjoy the game we love.
See you at the rink!
Markham Waxers House League Executive