Spring Tryout Player Release Procedures for the OMHA-Lake Ontario Region Centres / AAA Zones
Submitted By Deb Larsen
on Wednesday, April 12, 2017
Player releases from the LOR Centre/AAA Zone of residence will
be in accordance with the new Lake Ontario Region (LOR) Regulations implemented by
the Ontario Hockey Federation. OMHA-LOR
centres include Oakville, Brampton, Richmond Hill, Markham, Ajax, and
Pickering. LOR AAA Zones include Caledon, Nobleking, Stouffville and
As per OHF Regulation E49 (“A player who resides in an OMHA LOR Centre/AAA Zone from Minor Atom to PeeWee requires a release from his Centre of residence at AAA to tryout at AAA, at AA to tryout at AA, and at A to tryout at A with other Teams in the LOR.”) and E54 (“From Minor Atom to PeeWee, Teams must conduct tryouts and offer player registrations within the following timelines”) the following procedures with respect to player releases will be followed by all OMHA-LOR centres / AAA Zones:
- No player releases will be issued prior to tryouts.
- Player releases for Minor Atom to Peewee are at the discretion of the Association.
- Player releases will be issued on the following schedule:
- AAA- Thursday April 13, 2017
- AA- Thursday April 20, 2017
- A- Thursday April 27, 2017
This procedure is in accordance with the new LOR Regulation and there will be NO EXCEPTIONS.
Please refer to the OHF website if you have any questions.