The City of Markham continues to follow advice from public
health officials at the regional, provincial and federal levels. The health and
safety of our community and our staff remains our number one priority as we
navigate the pandemic together.
The Government of Ontario has announced that effective March 1, 2022 at 12:01 AM, the province
will gradually ease restrictions while maintaining protective measures. As
a result of the announcement, The City of Markham will be easing public health
measures so that you can continue to enjoy the recreation
programs and services you know and love.
These measures will be implemented at all arena facilities starting March 1, 2022 at 12:01 am.
- New! - All participants are to arrive no earlier than 60 minutes prior to their on ice rental.
- New! - Proof of vaccination is no longer required.
- New! - Markham’s COVID-19 self-assessment is no longer required.
- New! - Users are asked to passively screen themselves as they enter facilities, please look for signage as you enter. If you answer yes to any of the screening questions, please visit our center on another day.
- In order to facilitate entrance to the facilities, some entrances and exits within the buildings may remain closed. Signage will be placed around the building directing participants and spectators where to go.
- New! - Social distancing is no longer required, but is encouraged where possible.
- New! - Masks are required at all times, with the exception to be temporarily removed for the consumption of drink or food and when engaged in a fitness or physical activity.
- Hand sanitization is encouraged upon entry.
- Follow the City’s Code of Conduct and remain respectful to the facility, users and staff at all times.
Available for Usage
- New! - Dressing rooms will be available for full usage.
- Coaches and trainers are responsible to manage dressing room usage with static warm up being allowed.
- Showers will be available.
- Masks are required to remain on while in dressing rooms.
- New! - Spectator access will be permitted – Please limit the number of spectators per household where possible.
- New! - Washrooms will be available to all users.
- Masks are not required, during on ice activities.
- Masks are to be worn to and from the change rooms, and any time outside of the field of play.
- The use of hallways, walkways, spectator stands and any place outside of the dressing rooms for the purposes of warm ups is strictly prohibited.
- New! - Active training and warm up may occur inside the facility in rentable room spaces where and if available.
- Participants and spectators must leave the premises promptly after the conclusion of their activity.
- Any teams found to be letting others in through back doors without going through designated entry points will have their rental times revoked.
- Do not leave valuables unattended in the facility.
- Spitting is strictly prohibited.
- Bring a full water bottle, labeled with your name. (City fountains are not available). Do not share water bottles.
- Do not share equipment.
The City of Markham continues to monitor and follow advice from Public Health officials at the federal, provincial and regional levels. The City is taking a responsible and measured approach to reopening, which is guided by the Government of Ontario’s Framework for Reopening the Province and the City of Markham’s Response, Recovery & Reinvention Plan. The health and safety of our visitors, staff and the community remains our number one priority.