In hopes that things will be somewhat back to normal in the fall and that we will be permitted to hold tryouts for all ages and levels in September, applications for head coach for U10 through U18 teams are being accepted. Application for U9 coaches are not being accepted at this time.
To apply for a coaching position with
the Markham Waxers, please complete the Waxers coach application and submit to
the Waxers by the appropriate deadline:
AAA: Thursday, April 1, 2021 4:00 pm
AA/A/AE/MD: Friday, April 9, 2021 4:00 pm
We will send an email acknowledgement that we have received your application. But please note, not all applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Download the application form in Word format
Download the application form in PDF format
How to fill, sign, and send a PDF form:
- Within Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, open the PDF file.
- Click on the Fill & Sign tool in the right pane.
- Click on the text insertion tool in the toolbar at the top of the page.
- Position the tool where you want to insert text and type.
- Use the pop-up menu to change type size or save your data to use it again in the future, if desired.
- Click Sign in the toolbar at the top of the page.
- Draw or type your signature, or use an image.
- Click Apply and place the signature on your form
- Click Send & Track in the right pane to send your form to others and get notified when recipients view it.
How to submit
- Mail to:
6140 Sixteenth Avenue
Markham, ON L3P 3K8
Attention: Stephen Gaunce (AAA applications) or
Attention: Mike Matthews (AA/A/AE/MD applications)
- Email to Stephen Gaunce (AAA applications) or Mike Matthews (AA/A/AE/MD applications).
All coaches must have a minimum of Coach Level NCCP (Hockey) certification and completed the Speak Out! (PRS) or Respect in Sport (RIS) course, as well as the OHF Gender Identity course. All head coaches at the U13 through U18 AAA levels must have the proper HP1 designation and classification.
Coaches not meeting the minimum certification requirements will be required to obtain certification prior to the start of the season.
Coaches must also complete a Police Vulnerable Sector Check (PVSC) prior to being appointed.
The Waxers organization reimburses bench staff for the cost of obtaining certification required for the position to which they are rostered.
Thank you for your interest in coaching with the Markham Waxers.